Maple Balsamic Skewers
I love Chicken Skewers, they are easy to make, rustic and always taste delicious. This recipe has been tweaked to make it low FODMAP, so the whole family can enjoy a summer BBQ, without suffering with IBS type symptoms afterwards.
Honey is high FODMAP for excess fructose, so I’ve swapped it out for maple syrup, which is low FODMAP. I’ve removed the garlic and used garlic infused olive oil instead. Balsamic vinegar gives a nice zing and is easily low FODMAP at 2 tablespoons per serve.
So heat up the BBQ and invite over some friends and enjoy a summer evening.
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Prep time: 5 minutes plus marinade time (10 minutes or overnight)
- Skill level: Basic
- 1 Tbl garlic infused olive oil
- 2 Tbl maple syrup
- 2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 8 timber skewers
- Combine garlic oil, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, diced chicken, salt and pepper in a large container and mix well. Place in the fridge and leave to marinate for 10 mins or overnight.
- Soak the skewers in cool water for about 10 minutes, then thread the chicken onto the skewers leaving space at the end to hold.
- Cook on a hot BBQ, turning slowly for about 10 -15 minutes until golden.
- Alternatively, bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at about 220 degrees