Low FODMAP Fish Tacos with Lime Mayo & Fiesta Salad
This months Recipe ReDux is on a Tuesday, so what better topic that Taco Tuesday!
February 21 is a Tuesday. So show us your healthy, creative take on the taco.
Tacos are something we eat a lot in my house, they are fresh and yummy and everyone loves to make their own combinations of toppings.
They are fantastic if there are family members who have dietary restrictions as it’s easy to include a mixture of both high and low FODMAP toppings on the table for people to choose from.
Fish Tacos with Lime Mayo & Fiesta Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- ½ an avocado
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 2 tomato’s
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp paprika
Method: De-seed tomatoes and cucumber. Dice avocado, tomatoes and cucumber and combine in a large bowl with lime juice and paprika.
- 1 cup low FODMAP Mayonnaise (I used Heinz Seriously Good Mayonaise)
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp garlic infused olive oil (I used Cobram Estate)
- Salt & Pepper
Method: Combine all ingredients and mix well
- 400g firm white fish (I used Flathead)
- 2 Tbl corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbl rice crumbs
- 2 Tbl sesame seeds
- 2 Tbl LSA
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp iodized sea salt
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- Dice fish into 1 ½ inch chunks, place in a sealable bag with cornflour and shake to coat.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl, and empty floured fish into to bowl to coast with eggs
- In the empty bag combine rice crumbs, sesame seeds, LSA, cumin, cayenne pepper and iodized sea salt. Remove fish from egg, add to bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook fish for a few minutes on each side. Place on a paper towel to rest.
Place Fiesta salad, lime mayo, cooked fish and other sides on the table and allow family members to make their own tacos.
- Cob of corn, charred and removed from the cob
- Salsa (usually contains onion and is not suitable for a low FODMAP diet)
- Shredded Cabbage
- Lactose Free sour cream (I use Liddells FODMAP Friendly certified sour cream)
- Grated cheese
- Fresh coriander, finely sliced spring onion leaves & jalapenos
- Corn & wheat soft taco shells depending on individual dietary requirements.
Low FODMAP tips:
This recipe is low FODMAP when shared between 4 people.
Salsa usually contains onion and garlic. Both the salsa and wheat taco shells are best for family members who do not require a low FODMAP diet.