Feel Good Soup
FODMAPs is not a game of perfect, and no matter how careful you are, even the most experienced FODMAPPERs will have days that they struggle with gut complaints. When that happens its great to have a tried and tested recipe that will help settle the monster in your tummy.
There is almost nothing a bowl of hot chicken soup won’t cure. This one is packed with ginger and turmeric and perfect to settle your tummy on those days where it just won’t play the game.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 3 skinless & boneless chicken thighs
- 500ml FODMAPPED for You Chicken Stock
- 500ml water
- ½ cup leek tips
- 2 tablespoons crushed ginger
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 can butter beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan. Brown chicken and set aside. Add leek tips to pan and sauté until soft.
- Return chicken to pan, add FODMAPPED for You stock, water, ginger, turmeric and sugar. Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour, until chicken is falling apart.
- Add carrots, celery and drained and rinsed butter beans and allow to simmer for another 10 minutes until soft.
- Add soy sauce, mirin and coriander just before serving.