Essential Banana Bread
“Essential” Banana Bread
- 4 firm bananas (yellow, with no brown spots)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Flaxseed oil (or olive oil if you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill “1:1 baking flour”)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- pinch of iodised salt
- Combine bananas, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence in a blender and blend until smooth.
Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon into a bowl, add Iodised salt and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients and to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Place in a lined oven tin and bake at 150° for about 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean after being inserted in the centre.
Everyday Nutrition is pleased to be part of Storehouse – a blog directory that showcases qualified nutrition bloggers and The Recipe Redux a monthly blog challenge by qualified dietitians who believe that healthier eating should always taste delicious.